After the last post I figured I owed everyone an explanation, so here it goes. If all goes as planned, Darren and I will be leaving the country on May 14. Where you ask? A little bit of everywhere (well maybe not everywhere but it's a start) . Our travels will begin in Rome, Italy and end near Lima, Peru. I know what you're thinking. Italy? Peru? What in the world? Well...the idea all started one night, blah, blah, blah....too many details. The short version is we are going to spend an amazing 2.5 months trekking through Europe followed by a 6-7 month adventure in South America. We will first spend some time in Italy (Rome, Umbria region (Cortona, Assisi, etc) Tuscany region (Siena, Volterra, etc), Cinque Terre, Florence and Venice), then we will make our way up to Salzburg, Hallstatt, Melk, and Vienna, Austria. From there we will go to Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic and end in Prague. After our final week in Prague we will fly to Buenos Aires, Argentina where we will volunteer with L.I.F.E. Argentina. Click here to read more about it. It's a really cool program and we are so excited to be a part of it. After 2-3 months in Argentina we will make our way to Chile. As of right now we plan on spending a month or so in Chile sightseeing (hopefully not too much has been damaged) and traveling up north to Darren's mission area (Antofagasta). It's going to take us a whole month just to get up there! Man Chile is a long country! We have an opportunity to volunteer with an organization based in Santiago but as of right now we're not sure the timing will work out because after Chile we will be volunteering in Peru! There are two programs we've applied to and they are both so amazing that we haven't decided which one we will do yet. One is in Huaraz, Peru and the other one is in Trujillo. Click on the names to find out more about them. So that's the scoop. We will be gone a total of 9-10 months and maybe longer if any other opportunities arise and out funds hold out. We have already bought our plane tickets and we have had people coming by to pick up stuff we are selling on Craigslist. I can't believe we are actually going to do this. It's crazy!! I have moments of excitement and moments of fear (especially as our house becomes more bare). It is something that Darren and I have always wanted to do and we were just lucky enough to marry someone who had the same dream. So as crazy as it is, here's to making dreams come true :)
This trip definitely deserves an entry in "The Browns Traveler" so unless our converters and adapters don't work and we end up frying our laptop, we will be adding pics and comments as our trip progresses. Stay tuned to see some fun stuff!! :)
This trip definitely deserves an entry in "The Browns Traveler" so unless our converters and adapters don't work and we end up frying our laptop, we will be adding pics and comments as our trip progresses. Stay tuned to see some fun stuff!! :)
Holy Camolies!!!! You guys are awesome! I'm sure it will be something that you won't regret! I hope everytning goes well and I can't wait to watch as your adventure unfolds.
That is awesome! Definitely live it up before you have kids! (not that kids are bad or anything:o) but it does make it a lot harder to do anything spontaneous! Good luck getting everything ready to go!
Oh my goodness. I'm scared and excited for you guys just reading this! Sounds like you guys will have an amazing time. Hope everything goes as planned and like Kandra, I can't wait to see pics and hear your stories. Be safe! You guys should totally go on that Amazing race show! :)
Glad to be following your blog now:) It was great at the BBQ with you guys. Fun Times!! Keep us updated on your travels. We might have to come join you:)
So excited for you! Everyone has to travel around Europe at least once in their lifetime. Problem is, once you go, you'll want to go back again and again. Have fun!