Cove Fort, Utah

About two weeks ago we took a trip to southern Utah to visit Darren's parents on their mission at Cove Fort (a pioneer way station built in 1867, now a church historic site). It was great to be there and have them share their experiences with us. It is such a beautiful place! We also had the opportunity to visit Kolob Canyon and Fremont Indian State Park. 




Kolob Canyon: parts of it reminded me of Sedona

this explains so much...haha :)



Darren and I took a hike up one of the smaller peaks. What a breathtaking view!

"I think I see it over yonder..."

Giddy up cowboy!

Isn't he handsome?!?! And that's even with hiking sweat. Must be love :)


Ira  Hinckley cabin. He was asked by Brigham Young to build this fort back in 1867.
(Ira Hinckley was President Gordon B. Hinckley's grandfather)

The Historic Fort.
Darren's parents took us on a tour of the different rooms, the blacksmith shop, the barn and the garden. I absolutely loved the garden! Asparagus. YUM!

Oh yeah...we could've totally been pioneers. Easy cheese. NOT!!!


Darren won the ring race. It's hard to keep that thing rollin'. Sure was fun to try though :)


petroglyphs/pictographs outside the Freemont Indian Museum
0 Responses