For those who have not had the chance to hear "Our Story", here it is! (short version)
Darren and I first heard of each other at Eastern Arizona College in Thatcher, AZ. He was just home from his mission to Chile and I had just graduated from high school. We both knew who each other was, but never seemed to find an occasion to hang out. We have since found out that we had many of the same friends, so how this never happened I don't know.
We met again in 2004 at a singles ward in Mesa where we started "hanging out" (man am I glad those days are over). After a couple of years of dating other people and living the single life, we decided it was time to give US a chance. So we did, and well...now we're married! Hurray!!
As for the engagement story (again...short version): We went to California for Memorial weekend where he surprised me with tickets to "Wicked" (and I thought that was a big surprise) and an engagement ring. How did he do it? Well...he knelt down on one knee, said some really sweet things, pulled out a little white box from his pocket, and popped the question. And what did I do you ask? Well the first thing I did was say "shut up!" He stopped briefly and then I followed with, "I mean, keep going". I know, I know...most girls would scream, cry, faint or do something else really appropriate. Not me. At least he knew I wasn't serious, about the "shut up" part.
So we've now been married for almost four months. We absolutely love it and can't wait to experience the rest of our lives together.
Darren and I first heard of each other at Eastern Arizona College in Thatcher, AZ. He was just home from his mission to Chile and I had just graduated from high school. We both knew who each other was, but never seemed to find an occasion to hang out. We have since found out that we had many of the same friends, so how this never happened I don't know.
We met again in 2004 at a singles ward in Mesa where we started "hanging out" (man am I glad those days are over). After a couple of years of dating other people and living the single life, we decided it was time to give US a chance. So we did, and well...now we're married! Hurray!!
As for the engagement story (again...short version): We went to California for Memorial weekend where he surprised me with tickets to "Wicked" (and I thought that was a big surprise) and an engagement ring. How did he do it? Well...he knelt down on one knee, said some really sweet things, pulled out a little white box from his pocket, and popped the question. And what did I do you ask? Well the first thing I did was say "shut up!" He stopped briefly and then I followed with, "I mean, keep going". I know, I know...most girls would scream, cry, faint or do something else really appropriate. Not me. At least he knew I wasn't serious, about the "shut up" part.
So we've now been married for almost four months. We absolutely love it and can't wait to experience the rest of our lives together.
well now!!
i guess congrats are in order, considering i had NO idea!!
CONGRATS!!
so good to hear from you!