On March 21st, Darren and I went to Luke Air Force Base to watch "the most diverse air show in America." It was really hot but super fun!! I went to this the first year I moved to Mesa but have not been back since (they only do it every other year). One of Darren's dreams is to someday get his pilot's license so when I saw that the air show was going to be this year, I got super excited to surprise him with this afternoon date. I was able to keep it a secret for a whole month! It was hard at times but I'm glad I did it. I wouldn't even tell him the morning of. I just kept telling him what he could and could not pack (would be searched by Air Force personnel) and then told him to drive northwest. His guess was that we were going to a Spring Training game. He even put our gloves and sunflower seeds in the back of the car "just in case." When we finally reached Glendale he openly admitted that he had no idea what we were doing. YES!!! Success! I love when I can pull off a good surprise. When he finally saw the sign for "Air Show", he got this big grin on his face (not too much unlike the Cheshire cat) and gave me a big kiss.
Some of the performances we were able to watch include the following:
Air Combat Command A-10
Boeing PT-17
The Horsemen P-51 Flight Team
ACC F-22 Raptor (very loud and very fast)
ACC Heritage Flight featuring P-40, F-22, and A-10
BO-105S Helicopter (a stunt helicopter. It actually flew upside down and did flips in the air. One of the coolest things we've ever seen)
And finally...The Thunderbirds!
Some of the performances we were able to watch include the following:
Air Combat Command A-10
Boeing PT-17
The Horsemen P-51 Flight Team
ACC F-22 Raptor (very loud and very fast)
ACC Heritage Flight featuring P-40, F-22, and A-10
BO-105S Helicopter (a stunt helicopter. It actually flew upside down and did flips in the air. One of the coolest things we've ever seen)
And finally...The Thunderbirds!






How awesome is that? you are a good little wifey. So did the Cech trip fall through? What's that status? We need to talk! Call me sometime...
Jared would LOVE to do that! He also wants to get his pilots licence. When we move back we will have to go together. I can't EVER surprise Jared because he either pushes to get it out of me or I can't keep it in.
Hi Browns,
I just found your blog. So glad I did. Kim you married a great guy. He's beena good friend since high school.
Cara Herrington Richardson