Another activity at the Science Center. Two people sit on opposite sides of the wall, make a pattern out of the blocks and then try to describe the pattern to the person on the opposite side to see if they can recreate it exactly. This exercise is supposed to show the difference in communication: spoken and interpreted. It was funny! I would say things like, "put the blue triangular block "on top of" the yellow rectangle". On my side it looked like this but on Darren's side he put the blue triangle "on top of" the rectangle. What I should have said but didn't think of at the time is put it "above" the rectangle. The first round was a little rough but we got it perfect on the second. Maybe they should send couples here for newlywed initiation :)

The Rosson House Museum in Heritage Square. It was built in 1895 for Dr. and Mrs. Roland Lee Rosson for $7525. I wish! I love the look of this house. I've alway been a fan of tall, dimensional homes as opposed to one-level, long looking homes. As Darren and I were walking around this house we saw a bench on the porch and decided to go sit down for a minute. A woman and her son walked by and saw us sitting there. The little boy pointed to us and the mom said "yeah...that's their house." His eyes got really big as he aked"Really?" It was cute.


I loved all the wreaths hanging from each window and the garland draped around the fence. It's all so "quaint". (ask Darren the definition of that word. It's a better version now than it was 7 months ago...haha) :)

The stories go something like this (just as an example). I see a beautiful white horse pulling a white carriage decorated with Christmas wreaths and bells, driven by a man in a top hat, traveling down a cobblestone street that looks like it belongs somewhere in a quiet village in Europe. I say..."oh...how quaint." Darren says "quaint?" I then go on to explain my reasoning. A week or so later we see a donkey pulling a cart filled with...stuff...walking down a street in South Phoenix. Darren says "Oh...I see. Quaint." I know he knows what it means but we have a fun time with it. :)
1 Response
  1. Cheryl Says:

    What a fun date. We are fans of the science center too. Hope you guys got your house rented. It took us 3 months but finally got it rented, it stinks paying two mortgages! :) Tell Darren he is looking a lot like his bro and Dad especially in the pattern picture.