We are currently in Buenos Aires, Argentina volunteering with an organization called "Life Argentina." All of our work is done in the "villas" or slums of Buenos Aires. To describe them as poor living conditions is an understatement. I almost cried the first time I went. Trash in the streets. Little kids running around everywhere. Living in old, abandoned buildings that should be condemned. Sheets for doors. Dirt floors. No warm jackets (it's winter here). They get so excited about the simplest things: half broken legos, coverless books. Even a simple coloring sheet with crayons is a novelty. I just want to adopt them all and bring them home with me. It really makes one think about needs vs wants. Lets just say I've been doing some self evaluating. It has definitely made Darren and I look at our lives in a completely different way. It has been such an amazing experience so far. Hopefullly we can always remember the lessons we are currently learning.
Darren and I had the opportunity to participate in "Dia de los Ninos" on Saturday August 7th. We had a lot of fun playing with the kids. We are so grateful for the amazing experiences we are having.



Wow! That really is heartbreaking!!! And it sure does make you think! Thanks for sharing your perspective from another world! It's a great reminder. Take care you two!!!